Monday 13 February 2017

Production Cinematic: Summative Assets










I was tasked to be an environmental artist for 2D elements in my group 'Team Contrast'.

These are the 2D elements that I have provided. Each sign is inspired by different parts of our society today while they are all still designed and geared towards this heavily neon-themed environment.
1)  For the first sign, I tried to make it look more exotic via the more jungle-themed fonts along with the tropical colours of blue and green.
2) The Mech Repair sign has three frames, made to look more mechanical with the scan lines as well as with the racing font.
3) The Red Light District sign is Kabukichou inspired (from Shinjuku). I went for the sex appeal of having the female figure on the sign as well as with the alluring red colours.
4) The Seraph Club is similar to the previous sign, but advertises for a bar rather than a love hotel. This one is more Americanized with the scriptive font and the 50's-like figure of Marilyn Monroe.
5) The Spectrum sign is specifically for our Neon shop. With this design, I leaned more towards techno and electronic themes inspired by the cool, punk designs and colours.

Self-assessment:

A lot of my disadvantages had to do with my own personal issues. While I contributed the work that I could, I feel as if I was an ill-match for this group considering my strong bias to working in 2D, whereas the project went almost entirely towards the direction of being 3D. With earlier preparation, I would like to, at the very least, work within a project that will really showcase my strengths. I would also like to prove myself in a time where I will not be held back by my own problems outside of class and will prove to do so in the following year.

No comments:

Post a Comment